Licensed Loan Officer Assistant (NMLS) (Altamonte Springs, FL)
At The Mortgage Firm, Inc., we’ve earned a stellar reputation among real estate professionals, builders, and individual home buyers for simplifying the process. In fact, we send automatic updates to you throughout the entire process with continual status reports and no surprises! This advantage is built around our mission to keep it simple and easy. We call it “Closing Simplified.”
We care about our employees! The Mortgage Firm, Inc. offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, as well as a 401K with a discretionary employer match!
We are currently looking for a Loan Officer Assistant for one of our Altamonte Springs, FL branch offices.
The Loan Officer Assistant provides support to the Loan Originator by working with prospective loan applicants to achieve a loan approval and subsequent closing. Additionally, the Loan Officer Assistant may assist with finding prospective clients and building relationships with third-party business partners.
- Act as a liaison between the client and Loan Originator, as needed.
- Assist the Loan Originator by meeting and guiding the client through the loan application process.
- Verify and complete all required fields on the application documents, as well as, in Encompass and secure all signatures and dates, as needed.
- Obtain all documentation and support information as required by the products and loan programs.
- Provide loan disclosures that comply with federal, state, agency, and/or investor guidelines.
- Professionally interact with applicants throughout the loan process.
- Assist the Loan Originator with seeking out and building relationships with third-party business partners in the immediate community such as real estate agents, title companies, home builders, financial planners, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of standard loan products offered by agencies and investors, as well as, trends and developments in the local real estate market.
- Provide clear, effective communications to team members.
- Assist with training loan partner staff in the department.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management of The Mortgage Firm.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient in Encompass preferred.
- Active NMLS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required.
- Minimum 2 years’ recent successful mortgage sales or loan partner experience required.
- Knowledge of standard loan products offered by FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC and familiarity with underwriting guidelines and AUS systems preferred.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.